People were always curious about their childhood. Many philosophers such as Hobbes, Locke established their philosophy base on their own definition of human’s origin. These inquiries about human beings clear show the people’s interest in their own childhood. As most people believe, childhood environment is one of the crucial elements that change or decides the future of one person. For one who was born in family where parents are musician, one is more likely to be familiar with a music and instrument which may influence on one’s life in the future. Likewise, I was born raised in a family where grandfather was a poet. Therefore, I had more time exposed to poets and writings. Fortunately I loved writing which I did continue to write many different genres even right now.
Considering the fact that my grandfather was a poet, I was able to learn his sensitivity in writing. In every single second, my grandfather seemed indulged with many different things. Though it may seem awkward and annoying, for me, he seemed like he is fully possessing himself. I admired this aspect of him and it allowed me to at least have a little sensitivity which helped me greatly when spreading my words throughout the paper.
Although I really loved to write many different genres, I wasn’t able to enjoy writing in English at first. Major reason was that I hated to memorize vocabularies which are necessary to become a good writer. Since I wasn’t able to find proper words when I was writing, my piece of writing became prolix. In addition, new laws about English grammar were another obstacle in my writing life. Due to these reasons, I wasn’t able to enjoy writing in English.
As the time passed, I slowly realized something that I didn’t know in my past days: grammar and vocabulary are one of the core components of writing. To cater fluent words in my writing, I started to memorize vocabularies and to make a fine piece of writings, I learned grammar from many different books. Bounty of words provided more colors in my bland writings and grammar perfected them. Yet, because I realized these attempts to write better lately, my writings are still consisted of a lot of holes. Due to this fact, I am still working on building my own dictionary of vocabulary to improve my writing and further enjoy it.
As a result, now I do enjoy writings if there is a time allowed for me to write anything that I would like to write about. Even though it is not in a level of perfection, while writing, I learn many different vocabularies and new styles of writing which is one of the best things that one could learn throughout the life time. I do look forward to further learn new things and improve my writing to become a prolific writer in the future.
It's interesting to learn that your grandfather is a poet. Have you ever considered translating some of his work into English?
ReplyDeleteRegarding your writing, I have to be honest with you and say that I'm not sure what to make of it. As you can well imagine, I've taught hundreds of students and read thousands of essays during my years as a teacher, and I'm not sure I've come across a case like yours. Your grammar is very inconsistent - sometimes perfect, often very close, and at other times way off course. This essay is good in terms of content, and the errors you make aren't typical of a writer who actually sounds "high level" in some sentences. It's as if you understand some of the more complex issues and have no problems with advanced sentence structure, but then you often overlook some very simple things such as plurals and articles. Perhaps you write very quickly, or need to spend more time proofreading; in any case, I can see you have talent and ability. It just needs to be polished to a shine.
Good work, but also make sure you read the essay prompt carefully, as you are a bit short in word count and I'd like to see a sample of your writing (an assignment you are proud of).
Thanks Mr. Garrioch for your thorough feedback of my essay. Actually, I do proof read my essay because every other teachers that I've met in the past have mention similar thing that you have said. Unfortunately, I still don't know why I sometimes get confused with simple grammars. Yet, I will do my best to keep improve my basic skills in grammar to, as you have said, be polished to a shine. :)
ReplyDelete