Monday, April 9, 2012

Three Perspective Story : A lucky day

Characters
-Eric
-Sean
-The stranger


Eric




It was drowsy day of April. As I always did, my daily life started with morning exercise. Finishing four hours of first period classes, I went up to dormitory to have a launch. Yet, my body was loose and I already was tired because of shiny sun shine and cool spring breeze. So I decided to stay in my room and take a short nap. While asleep, I could hear my friends calling my name to wake me up. What was next class? My head was fully filled with this question while I was going down to the school building for my after-launch class.



* * * *



Sean

“Hey! Eric! Wake up dude!” Sean tabbed on the Eric’s shoulder.

Sean, pleased with school launch, was little high with his feeling. His step was airily. He was going down for after-launch class. His mood was even more delighted with great weather. While running down the hill, Sean was able to feel cool wind brushing his face; with a great mood, he lightly shook his friend Eric’s shoulder. To his eyes, Eric’s reeling seemed like a dance. Sean thought Eric was dancing with the spring wind. Yet, far from what Sean have thought, Eric was rather swaying because he felt stupefied with spring fever. Anyway, they went down for their next class which was the physics class. Eric, guided by Sean, would have felt little relief since he didn’t know which class was his next class.

* * * *

Eric

Thanks god, Sean, although he abrupt my meditation while coming down the hill for after-launch class, he led me to my next class, the physics class. The classroom was on the third floor. After reaching third floor of the school building, I almost was plagued to death. Fortunately, I took the right stair rather than the left stair which led me to shorter passage to the physics classroom. I sat down and thought little awake from nap. Another relief. Since we only have about two weeks before the mid-term, I should study from now on; that means sleeping or dozing during the class equals to B in mid-term. “Ding di ling ding ding ding” bell apprised me with class start. “Squeak!” door opened and Mr. Yoon came in with huge cruel book. My indomitable spirit please save me.

“Today, we’ll move on to chapter 30 which will be on our mid-term” Mr. Yoon said. Oh, god… Sequence of meaningless alien words distracted me from concentrating on class. Yet, I did successfully jot down all the words Mr. Yoon said on first hour of the class. The real problem is second period of the class. I was almost was dead, I should rather sleep during 10 minutes rest.

* * * *

Sean

“Thsh” with a strange sound, Eric fall down on the desk. Class was yet not over. Sean tried to wake him up but it was meaningless. Sean tried to wake him up by shaking Eric’s shoulder even twice but Eric did not budge an inch. Teacher would just think Eric is free soul and leave him sleep. ‘No hope’ thought Sean.

* * * *

Eric



Someone shook my shoulder. I think class just has started. Thanks to my friend next to me, I woke up and started to jot down all the words that Mr. Yoon said. He was talking about the optic waves. Third relief! This is the part that I did study before! While I was laughing in my sleeve, friend next to me once again shook my shoulder. ‘What the hell?’ I muttered and looked at my friend. Surprisingly, he was twirling bottle, half filled with water. He said “Optic! Optic! Optic! Look at how beautiful the light wave scattering through the whirlpool of water!” He was keep laughing and I was little scared. I don’t even know who he is! I looked back Mr. Yoon and tried to ignore him. More surprise, Mr. Yoon was doing the same thing saying “This is the real optics! Spinning, spinning, spinning!”. ‘Hell! Everyone’s mad! They are insane! I got to get out of this class’ I thought. But stranger sitting next to me grabbed my shoulder and tried his best to spin his bottle as well as me. “WHAT THE HELL! LEAVE ME ALONE! AHHHHHHHH!”

* * * *

Stranger

“WHAT THE HELL! LEAVE ME ALONE! AHHHHHHH!” Eric shouted. “HeHeHe,” the stranger said, “You are not alone Eric! Let’s learn about fun optics!” Stranger twirled his body. “Eric! Try to run as fast as the light wave! I want to experiment something!” stranger was almost begging to Eric to run. “I want to! But first let me go!” Eric cried. The stranger didn’t even dare to hear what Eric was saying. The stranger looked at Mr. Yoon and grinned since Mr. Yoon was doing the same thing with the stranger. Soon, everyone was throwing the bottle to each other except for Eric. The stranger tried to shook Eric and let him do something but as the stranger looked back to see Eric, he was already gone.

* * * *



Sean

“AHHHHHHHH!” shouted Eric. Sean seemed to be surprised to Eric’s boutade; not only was Sean surprised, Eric’s shouting woke up everyone in the class suffering from Mr. Yoon’s grumbling like lecture. Sean, he was especially frightened because Eric suddenly pushed Sean from the chair. A minute later, everyone started to laugh and Mr. Yoon seemed little dumbfounded.

* * * *

Eric

Everyone was laughing when I pushed the stranger away from me. The stranger no longer spinning the bottle of water and Mr. Yoon seemed little dumbfounded. Then the bell rang, everyone packed their bag and moved to their next class. I, sitting alone in the classroom, wondered of what happened to me. My note was full of earthworm like letters and ancient scripts.

‘Shoot...GPA...University’

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is really funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was actually kind of confused at first, but at least the "mysterious" plot was revealed at the end. But maybe you could give the stranger more lines? It would make the story more interesting~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I re-read it just now, and it makes more sense than the first time, but I had hoped you would make some of the suggested changes. Among them - use all three narratives clearly. We have first and third, but no second. The "Stranger" character is a bit underdeveloped, and I actually think the teacher would make a better character. Do we need the stranger? Not really. The dream is clearly from Eric's perspective and should remain that way. The stranger is a bit of a stretch in terms of clarity.

    Some good poetic writing with descriptions of spring and school environment. Grammatically, there are a few things you could easily correct if you spend a bit more time proofreading. All in all, good writing but I'd hoped to see some changes.

    ReplyDelete