Thursday, December 1, 2011

30yrs later...



- The Assembly of Hague



30 yrs later… I will be…

As always it is, it was another confusing day. I woke up at 7’o clock in Falkenberg Strandbad hotel in city of Halland located in Sweden. After snarfing breads for breakfast, I directly went to airport with my little luggage partner composed of small laptop and some promotion files for my customers with great anticipation for me to introduce my promotion files about Asia-Europe currency integration. I reserved 10’o clock airplane heading to the Hague for international conference which starts at 14’o clock; after that, I still have three more countries to visit and need to wrap up results of conference then send it back to UN branch in China, U.S.A; and to Blue House in my own country, Korea.

I turned on my laptop while I was in airplane to see the progression of new project sponsored by CMI(Chiang Mai Initiative). I get down to this work 2 years ago and still working on it; maybe it could be weird to say that this project is “new” project, but considering the fact that most of my works takes average of eight years to ten years, this new project currently I’m working on is pretty a new born baby project.

While I was checking my works and files, airplane finally landed on the ground of the Hague. It was already 12’o clock, I rushed to the Hague International Conference Hotel next to ICJ(The International Court of Justice) through tram. I went into the grand conference room directly with guide and grabbed a microphone and without any further a due, started my presentation. It took total of 6 hours which is 2 hours over than I expected due to enthusiastic young diplomats’ questions and critics’ sharp questions. Although most of them seemed successfully persuaded, I think I need to stick to my cellular phone for phone calls from those who were not persuaded yet. Acuteness of these guys sometimes are very useful but it is true that they really make me tired.

God, as I expected, at that night from 22’o clock to 2’o clock at dawn, my phone was off the hook. Although I love to talk with other people through phone, definitely it wasn’t this way. Finally after an hour of discussion with UN secretary general, we booked another short conference next day; it was possible because I had short vacation between conference in the Hague and next conference in England.

As more and more I worked, more that I felt that 24 hours a day is too short for me. Yet, I’m still energetic and young to handle this works; but I at least need to sleep for 4 hours, a shortest sleep that I’ve ever had when I was in high school. Good night to myself (:



-Tram in Hague

3 comments:

  1. So you're about 46 during this international business tour? I guess that is somewhat "young" for a field of work that requires years of establishing relationships and a reputation. I wish you well as you make way towards your goal, and it is definitely interesting to consider the future of a mono-currency. First things first, will Korea, Japan, and China adopt their version of the Euro? I doubt it. As well, will North Korea be a beehive of economic promise at this point? Or...? Interesting scenarios. I'm not sure trams will still exist though.

    You write really well when you try, but I'm guessing the above post is rushed. I can tell. When you speak, I don't hear some of the grammatical glitches you have to clean up above. "The" and "a" seem to missing in many cases, and making appearances in other places where they shouldn't. Focus on that. I'm sure you'd catch most of them with a careful revision. As well, "works" should be "work." In most cases we don't pluralize it.

    Good interesting post with lots of verisimilitude, but a tad sloppy. Revision is the key, young man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - you only have one Reading Journal. Get on it! You have 4 days.

    ReplyDelete