
When I was first born, I was protected by some shield. It kept me safe from dangers but at the same time, prevented me from meeting new friends and experiencing new outside life. Yet, as there’s nothing eternal, my grief from loneliness didn’t lasted forever.
One day, someone, who had same skin color with me but had a little different appearance came to me, I followed where he led me. By the way, I could pretty much convinced that he was a male from his voice.
Then I was thrown in the dark again. Since I’m used to this darkness, this was no strange to me. Before meeting him, I was always alone in the darkness. Yet, this darkness that I’ve faced this time was different from what I’ve known. It was more calm, denser with air, and warmer than before. With this cryptic unfamiliar darkness that I’ve never experienced before, I waited and waited. As I’ve told you already -- there’s nothing eternal -- this darkness was gone after few hours later. I could see familiar thing again. It was ‘him’, my first acquaintance. He again led me to another strange room where I could not see anything that I’ve known before.
I should if realized earlier that after joy comes tears.
A day after I arrived to this new place, I was unshielded. I felt happy on one hand but also felt insecurity. Atmosphere outside was temperate. Flow of the air was unstable. That was the only difference. Still, it was drastic change which was enough to make me shiver with fear. My intuition, unfortunately, was correct.
My first acquaintance, whom I trusted, started to un-build my parts.
One by one, carefully and slowly.
Yet, I was surprised to myself that there was no pain. It felt odd. I was able to feel defying wind passing through me which ironically mollified my anxiety. Not only ‘him’, but another hims who seemed similar with each other did the same things to me: un-building and reassembling.
For the first time, I felt despair and doubt to my faith that there is nothing eternal. This pain seemed to last forever until I die at that time.
One of hims were different: he trembled when he tried to pull part of me out. I couldn’t figure out why he was shuddering so much: rather because of excitement and joy or because of compassion towards me. Anyhow, this different him’s impatient and precarious behavior always tear me down to pieces. It was not until ‘this’ event happened that this different him’s behavior was also one of the plans of hims for their greater enjoyment.
It was an ordinary day. Like him used to do, he came to me at 10 o’clock, played with me. After a rest, him and his friends came and cajoled me. Yet, unlike before, they seemed to fight each other. After then, I followed him and I was thrown to darkness again which I have experienced before.

That was the last light I’ve seen at that moment. I’m still in darkness having this ambivalent feeling within myself: happy because of emancipation, sad because of loneliness, anger because of betrayal.
My name is Jenga.
I tried to betray yor anticipation to see horror story :)
ReplyDeleteThis is weird, but as I read on I began to know that you were writing from the perspective of Jenga. Very creative! But - IS this metafiction? No. It's creative writing based on the chain writing, but it doesn't incorporate that writing, so it isn't really metafiction. If you mixed this with the stuff in the post below, you might come up with something that falls within the assignment's criteria - perhaps one paragraph from the Jenga block's point of view, followed by one from the player's point of view. You're a good writer, but there are tons of little errors here and there which make me think you were in a bit of a rush to get this done. Proofread! And make sure you know what you are supposed to do BEFORE you start writing. Good blogging, but I think you can still do a bit better.:)
ReplyDeleteWhere is your Reading Journal for The Body?
ReplyDelete