I, as a staunch movie lover, used to categorize
movies before I see and try not to see some movies that scored less than 4 out
of 5 stars. Brimming with confidence, I trusted my eyes and intuition in
choosing movies. Most of the times, I was right; yet, sometimes my intuition hindered
me from watching some of the classic exemplary movies. Few of those “unexpected”
movies were such films like Forest Gump, which I thought would be some kind of
classically boring dumb movie, and Dead Poets Society, which again I thought
would be an orthodoxly educational but pedantic movie. Honestly, I have to
admit that Ben-X is one of those best unexpected movies that I have seen
recently – unique in a way how movie packed itself like a B-movie, in a way how
camera captured the feeling of characters, and of course in a way movie ended.
Movie starts with a game background,
assumably Arclord. First I thought this movie would delineate the reality
through game characters due to economical reasons, like B-films. About first 5
minutes, the movie deliberately and successfully deceived me through showing
only game backgrounds and characters. I never thought I would be
impressed by the film skills of Ben-X which I thought would be a B-film at that
time; nevertheless, as the story progressed, camera views - shacking camera
views and panorama like views - astonishingly well conveyed the inner anxiety
of the main character, Ben. Whenever the camera turned to depict other
characters, the views were stable and normal as if they were representing the
mental state of each characters in the movie. These camera skills not
only enabled me to "see" the feelings of the movie characters, but
also allowed me to sympathize with the characters. Because the feelings that
main character felt was so compellingly conveyed to me, I was almost able to "be"
the character in the movie. Ben-X was brilliant.
Though I was impressed by the movie’s film
techniques, I was unable to erase the feeling that this movie’s ending would be
obvious. Second wrong intuition I made. I thought the ending would rather be
Ben committing suicide or die because of a bad illusion. As I have predicted,
he commits suicide - at least ostensibly; Him committing suicide was logically
coherent in a context of the movie: Ben was floundering in his own dreaming and
people around him was panicking. There was no intrinsically strange with Ben committing
suicide; however, that deliberate “acting” deluded everyone including me and all
of the movie characters. We thought Ben was dead but it was just a part of his
act. I was enamored.
If somebody asks me for a movie, I would
love to recommend him Ben-X. It tackles with a social problem in a lovely way
that it keeps its quality as a good movie and its contents. Not only I found a
good movie but also I learned that there are some brilliant movies other than Hollywood
movies, Chinese movies, Indian movies and Korean movies.


Nice review in terms of content and some very nice language. However, all of this is buried under a rushed "stream" of grammatically flawed sentences that reflect no revision. I've seen better from you, and though I know grammar isn't your strong suit, you probably do know what is wrong here, for example:
ReplyDeleteMovie starts with a game background, assumably Arclord.
No THE!
You have a very good vocabulary, but your use of these beautiful words seems mismatched when simple articles are missing. I suggest you reduce your urge to use these words in favor of writing technically sound sentences.
Nice review, but seems rushed. :)